The University develops its education, research, and community service activities in a context of autonomy and academic freedom that oblige the University to prioritize responsible ethics in line with the rules of our society.
Through a culture of quality, the University seeks continuous improvement in all its domains of activity.
The university community is committed to:
- Welcoming and accompanying its members all along their trajectories so that they can pursue their activities in a suitable and convivial ambiance, and encouraging exchanges between them.
- Offering an attractive environment for studies, teaching, research, and work.
- Developing innovative programs and pedagogical practices that meet our society’s needs for lifelong higher education.
- Encouraging cutting-edge research that stimulates the production of new knowledge in all of the disciplines that make up the University.
- Contributing to the cultural and social life of Geneva by sharing the results of research and the expertise of its members.
- Maintaining a proactive stance regarding changes in the academic world and society in general to preserve the institution's attractiveness and to meet present and future challenges.
- Nurturing mutually beneficial relations with academic, economic, political, associative, and cultural actors at the local, regional, national, and international levels.
- Participating in training responsible citizens by offering an environment that encourages intellectual curiosity, creativity, innovation, and critical reflection.
- Encouraging the professional development of its members and offering them relevant continuing education programs.
- Guaranteeing simple, clear, and documented administrative procedures that serve their users and that are in line with the applicable legal framework.
- Sharing, internally and externally, useful and targeted information that showcases the activities of the institution.
The culture of quality is a way to collectively understand, live, and achieve quality. It is expressed through all of these commitments and impacts all activities of the institution.